Now this is the time to get your old nokia phone in use. To get started first of all you must look for that phone and bring it to you. Below are extremly required things you must have..
- Yes, an old nokia multimedia mobile set which have facility to access the internet. In other words a working phone with internet support.
- Ofcourse, a charged Battery compatible to that low-end nokia mobile, if not buy it from the store.
- A SIM Card with already data recharged. If you have not a SIM Card, you can still stay here to configure your phone for later use.
- Compitable Data Cable that lets you connect your phone to the computer. If you have not alredy you can buy it, there are available in the market or ask a friend, etc.
- Personal Computer, in which you want to use your phone as a modem.
- Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver, This software lets your computer identity and install your nokia phones in it. Maybe, you have not already this one. So you can download it from here at a click or from the Internet by searching 'Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver". You can use your friends PC, Cybercafe or your own smartphone/PC to download.
- Your 5 minute of valuable time and a little bit of your great mind for the next steps.
- Insert your Sim Card and Battery in that phone. Switch it on and place it on your computer desk.
- Now install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver in your Computer/Laptop which you have downloaded from the internet.
- After installing that driver, now connect your phone via data cable to the computer. Just after connecting your phone you will get a pop-up on your mobile, you have to choose PC Suite/Ovi Suite. After few seconds or a minute of choosing PC Suite, you will see a notification (Your hardware is ready to use) in your computer notification area. That it, you have done it.
- Now you have to go to your computer's Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Setup a New Connection or Network > Setup a Dial-Up Connection.
- In Dial-Up Connection Tab you have to put *99# in the Dial-Up Phone Number. Now Click on Create Button. Its all Done.
- Now the time is to Connect to the Internet. If you look at your PC Notification Area you will see a internet icon just click on it. Now click connect on your dial-up connection there. After successful connection you will be notified. now open up a browser to surf the internet. That's it. Enjoy and Don't forget to share it with your friends.
Thanks for reading the article. If you have any type of queries, please let us know. Your thoughts are appreciated here, let us know in comment section below. Maybe, you already own a modem to connect to the internet, if not then this tutorial is really good for all those who like surfing internet on their computer or just make a device in use that was thrown out of the house.
You should read these articles next:
How to Generate strong passwords to Avoid hackers?
How to Convert Microsoft Word file to Adobe PDF?
Be Smart by Using these 10 Keyboard Shortcuts